We're currently recruiting volunteers to join our Circle Community. If you are looking to build your voluntary experience and give back to your local community then take a look at our opportunities below!
Fundraising and Development Officer
We are looking for a proactive volunteer to help the business development manager with day-to-day operations including coordinating social media content, fundraising applications and researching for exciting projects that include opportunities to collaborate with some of the brightest in the fashion and non-profit sector. The work will include tasks such as coordinating exciting projects with industry leaders in fashion and the non-profit sector, managing social media and communications content including post scheduling and blog writing and drafting fundraising applications and bids with the support of the business development manager.
What is essential?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using and engaging with social media channels
- Evidence of organisational skills and time management
- We are a fun team who enjoy making the most out of the work we do so an interest in social welfare and helping young people meet their potential is a must
- Above all else, we are looking for somebody that sees the benefits of being challenged and is excited by the opportunity to be involved in such a fast-growing charity organisation where the impact of the team's work is seen every day!
Do you have experience in delivering training as a retail supervisor? Can you use this experience to train and support unemployed young people? Then this is the right role for you.
Retail Training Supervisor
(not currently taking applications)
Location: Dalston, Lewisham
Salary: £10.20 an hour
Since we began in 2012 we have helped nearly 600 young people into work; 76% of the young people who complete our course have a job at the end of it. You would be working in our streetwear stores in Dalston and Lewisham as a supervisor.
Working across our two stores, Circle Collective are looking for a retail supervisor with a proven track-record of delivering training to staff. Your role will include delivering customer service workshops and on-the-job training to young people on our Get Employed programme. We have over 120 young people come through our stores every year, and you must be comfortable delivering regular training to ensure our trainees reach the high standards we set in retail, pre-retail and customer service. You will also be an experienced retail supervisor, with responsibility for other staff on the shop floor when you are in our stores.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A minimum of two-years of previous retail experience in a supervisory role. You will need to be comfortable opening and closing the shop, handling refunds, dealing with suppliers and ensuring KPI targets are met
- You will have experience of training staff in a retail environment
- You will enjoy working with young people and be passionate about fashion, street wear and delivering excellent customer service
- You must be willing to travel to both our Hackney and Lewisham stores
- As you will be working as part of a small closely-knit team, you will need excellent communication skills and an organised approach to ensure you are able to balance the commercial needs of the shop with training young people. You will need to be a self-starter and able to work independently to understand where the gaps in our trainees' knowledge are.
- You will be working with young people and will require a criminal record check (DBS). You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To discuss this role please call Turly on 0207 249 2442. To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org