Attention Retail Store Managers!
If you are looking to use your retail skills to help scale a store that has community and purpose at its heart join our team of innovative and dedicated staff. We’re a small team of 10, so there’s a real opportunity to make a difference!
We are small social enterprise with big ambition look to scale from two to four stores next year.
Days: Will be required to work 5 days a week (1 day off and closed Sunday initially)
Application: Please send CV and Cover letter explaining why you think you’re suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle Collective Background:
Circle Collective is a new unique concept of using retail (streetwear & skate) to support unemployed young people into permanent jobs. www.circlecollective.org
The Store Manager is responsible for running the shop in line with both the company financial goals and maintaining the right image for the brand.
You will be responsible for achieving all KPI’s including staff, sales revenue, stock loss, retail calendar and managing all controllable costs, whilst ensuring that our store team deliver an exceptional level of customer experience.
- Monitor KPI's on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Managing budgets and ensuring healthy cashflow
- Manages cashflow and collaborates closely with the bookkeeper/accountants
- Updates the financial forecast with actuals at the end of each month and reforecasts the coming months
- Ensures invoices are entered Xero for the accountant to reconcile
- Compile reports for senior managers on store productivity
- Plan all expenses for short and long term success
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Delegates activities to staff and hold to account for delivery.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of sales targets and KPI’s and contribute to achieving the shop goals
- Managing over/under performance, always in a professional and efficient manner
- Ensure that all staff carry out operational policies and procedures as per the company guidelines and head up Health & Safety
- Leads weekly team meetings and annual appraisals
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Monitor loss prevention to protect the company's inventory and assets
- Launches product online and supports with social media
- Monitors and accounts for stock loss & shrinkage
- Organising monthly pop up events in store
- Responsible for compliance with health and safety legislation and implementation
- Manages DBS checks for shop staff
- Maintains and fosters good relationships with suppliers
- Implementing retail calendar
This is a great opportunity to be part of an ambitious purpose lead brand that collaborates with some of the best designers and partners in the world as well as supporting up and coming designers!
- At least 3 year’s experience as a Fashion Retail Store Manager (preferably streetwear/multiband)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, inspire and motivate employees.
- Strong selling skills and commercial ability.
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards.
- Understanding of basic retail concepts (gross margin, markdowns).
- Excel and Word proficient. Ability to use and read system generated reports on store performance.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- References will be required
Job Description: Book keeper
Location: Dalston, London, E8
Hours of work: 4-8 days per month
Contract: ASAP until the end of March 2020 with potential for extension
Reporting to: Turly Humphreys CEO
To apply please email: email@example.com
What is the job purpose?
We are seeking an experienced, local, freelance bookkeeper to support the financial management of Circle Collective.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an innovative social enterprise & registered charity that’s committed to supporting young people into work, as well as helping emerging fashion talents get their brands off the ground. We can offer flexible hours and working arrangements along with a competitive hourly rate - negotiable depending on experience
What are the main duties?
Basic accounting services activities for the charity and the shop ensuring that Xero is up to date on a monthly basis. This includes control account reconciliations for bank, petty cash, debtors, creditors, intercompany etc;
Allocation of restricted / unrestricted expenditure again funds;
Payroll, including PAYE and pension payments on a monthly basis;
VAT calculations and payments for the shop on a quarterly basis;
Raising and sending invoices to debtors, and ensuring supplier / creditor payments are dealt with on a timely basis (minimum monthly);
Preparing cashflow forecasts for the charity and the shop on a monthly basis, including potential scaling of information (applicable to shop expansion only);
Preparation of the monthly payment run, ensuring CEO approval has been provided;
Preparation of management accounts for the charity one week in advance of Trustee Board meetings and P&L for the social enterprise;
Preparation of management accounts for the shop one week in advance of the Advisory Board meetings;
Company returns for the charity and the shop;
Integration of bank, Vend and Shopify with Xero;
Annual budgeting process – to be carried out in Jan / Feb each year ready for the new financial year;
Preparation of annual accounts for the charity and shop for independent examination;
Assistance with financial information for funding bids for the charity or shop;
Monthly 30 minute catch up with the charity Treasurer.